Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holidays, Plans, and Traveling.

So, just as many other people, I have to travel quite a bit over this years Holiday break. To the say the least, I am not so excited about driving from North Dallas to Austin, and TWICE in one week at that. I had work today from 8a.m. to 5p.m., yes, on Christmas Eve. Once I get off work I get to promptly hop in my car and make a 3.5 hour trip to Central Texas to spend Christmas with my family. I wish I could really just say this will be enjoyable, but right after presents are opened and food is eaten I have to hop right back in my car and drive back to Denton. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and can't wait to see them, but it just sucks I have to work the day before and after Christmas (don't feel too bad for me, as I was the one that volunteered to do this).

I get to drive RIGHT BACK to Austin on Friday night, with a friend this time. We are all going to a see a mutual friend of ours that decided he likes Canadian higher education. Oddly enough, his parents live near Austin. So the master plan is that myself, my roommate (he's also one of the gang, not just a tag-along), and 2 of my "OG" friends that will be stationed in my home town for the holidays to meet up and hang out with our friend from the great white north! It has been YEARS since we have all been in the same room at one time. I am seriously impressed with myself that I was able to get everyone to go! I'm excited and even though it will only be a 1 night and 1 day gathering, I believe it will be one hell of a night in Austin, Texas!

This post was in a huge rush, as I only had 15 minutes to compose it before I got off work, but you can get the fuck over it. Those are my holiday plans and I can't wait for them to unfold!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Well at least you won't have ice on the roads to worry about! You should invest in some audiobooks. They're best for long drives.

Enjoy your holiday travels!